Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday

So I am completely bored. I know there is stuff I can get done around the house but I have NO motivation.

I woke up today feeling hungover. Funny thing is we were NOT drinking. But I had a pounding headache waking up. I am thinking I need to start wearing my glasses more often than I do. Ahh well.

Apparently the kiddos are coming home tomorrow. Well the 2 that are at my IL's. My MIL has plans this weekend and doesn't want to leave my FIL with them. I mean my FIL is great with the kiddos but he's a little older and set in his ways. And he doesn't like to be tied down to anything. If he decides he wants to go over to Scott's brothers house or something, he just wants to get in the car and go. It sort of puts a hamper on our plans for Sunday but they will be going back either Mon or Tues so we can do it next week. No biggy.

Scott and I talked some more about the vow renewal. I was looking at some dresses online. We agreed the base color would be white buuuuut I can have a dress with a little color or design.

We are going to talk to the higher-ups about having it out of the station Scott works at. It's big enough, even with the ambulances in there. We are hoping to keep the guest list down to 50-75 people total. Just IMMEDIATE family (no 2nds, 3rd, 4th cousins, etc.) but that really only applies to my family. At the family reunion every year there is easily over 100 people there. I don't want this getting out of hand. But if I invite ONE extended family member...I gotta invite them all. And then we will have CLOSE friends (no one we casually know) and most of the people Scott works with. I figured any crews on duty can come and have some food. It's the least we can do!

IF we can't have it at the station, then we are going to see about at the south station and maybe a tent rental. Well that's Scott's idea. I think a tent will be WAY too expensive. Because whether we do it at the station or in a tent, we gotta think about chair and table rentals too.

The last option is a local fire hall. That would still incorporate the EMS theme in this.

Food is going to be mainly Mexican. Chicken mole` (pronounced mole-lay), beans, rice, salsa, tortillas, taco salad, etc. For anyone who doesn't like Mexican food, there will be a meat and cheese platter, relish tray, different breads, potato salad, macaroni salad, cole slaw, chips, etc.

We will have a cake though I don't want a huge expensive one.

For dessets we will prolly have cookies, brownies, etc.

We are still up in the air about alcohol. On one hand we want it. But on the other we know how stupid people get. We know we will have an assortment of sodas, juice, water, etc. IF we have alcohol, it will prolly be mainly beer. If anyone wants anything else, they can bring their own or something. I dunno. We can prolly get 2-3 kegs of beer.

We will do all the things we missed out on doing at our actual wedding...cutting of the cake, bouquet toss, garter toss, etc. This is a way to renew our love for each other and also let everyone celebrate with us the way they never got the chance to do with our first wedding.

I am also not requiring people to give us gifts or money. That will be totally optional. Though a lot of family said if they had known we were getting married, they would have given us a gift. I am thinking of doing a SMALL registry at Walmart. Just for some little household stuff. Maybe maximum things will cost is like $25.00. Scott suggested we put on any invites or anything gifts are not required. But then to me that seems like we are saying they have to bring a gift, just for putting that on there. I dunno.

We also want to have personalized favors. Actually thinking about seeing if we can put our names, our original wedding date and our vow renewal date. We'll see.

So that is what I have come up with so far.

What do you think?

No comments: